Saturday, February 17, 2007

First, Get Confidence

Since I'm new to PPC affiliate marketing, and I have a limited budget, my approach to learning must be done cautiously. My goal in this learning phase is to get used to the methods outlined in the Wealthy Affiliate tutorials.

It costs me nothing but my time to write articles, because there are lots of websites that will post them for free. And best of all, those websites generate a ton of traffic. Search engines love those websites, so your articles have an excellent chance of getting high rankings. High rankings equate to high traffic potential to your articles. The more eyes that get to your article, the greater the likely hood that they'll be interested in your topic and in what you have to say.

BUT, even I have reservations in doing that. I'm human and humans find it challenging to do what they preach. It's all good and easy to say all of the right things. But when the rubber meets the road, then come the fears and the what if's. Hear are my reservations...

I'm not versed in writing articles, especially for all the world to read.
What if I my topics are so ridiculous that I end up making a fool of myself instead of making money?
What if my articles don't get any traffic because my topic is uninteresting and no one in the world would want to read about them?
What if my words don't get the point across and don't result in any sales?

But the scariest one for me is...

What if I never start because of all of my fears and concerns are stopping me?

After all, writing and posting articles is free, so really, what do I have to lose but my time? But then again, if I spend time TRYING to write articles, then won't I eventually get the hang of it? Won't I learn that much more about market trends and customer demands? Won't I learn how to promote a product, any product? Won't I learn how to use those article website interfaces (because each one is different) and learn the technical aspects of posting articles? Won't I learn how to optimize my articles so that they rank high in search engines? Won't I learn how to DO affiliate marketing? Won't I actually become an ACTIVE affiliate marketer? And best of all, won't I make money from it?

Because if I don't try, then I GUARANTEE myself NEVER to make money in this affiliate marketing industry. I have to remember that affiliate marketing is a MULT-BILLION dollar industry and growing! Many people are making money from it. And it doesn't take a genius to join those ranks. What am I waiting for? What's to hold me back?

So, here I go. I'm going to learn the methods to writing good, marketable, sale-generating articles. Wish me luck, and I too wish you success in your affiliate marketing journey.

No comments: